Saturday, July 23, 2011

Progress on my first rig

I have got my first radio in the post a secondhand Yesu FT-707 and it seems to be in a very good condition. So on a low budget I have to get my station going. I still have a old deep-cycle Battery in the garage that I got for camping purposes and a car charger that must make the power supply. I also had a 6m length of lip channel from a previous construction job that will have to be the tower. I had to borrow a 12m peas of coax cable from a friend because no one in Secunda keep it in stock. I will replace it as soon as I get the opportunity to go to Gauteng. I bought a 100m earth wire that was just enough to build a milt band dipole antenna. ZS6GC helped me with his equipment to get the SWR cut for 40m so that I can get going we will get the rest of the friekwensie spectrum sorted out later. Thank you, Gert for your help and knolling shirring. I have tested the rig today and it seem if there is still a vie things that I need to sort out on the modulation but the imported part is it is a beginning and I hope to have my first QSO tomorrow. The plan for the antenna came from the following web site: http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/dipole.html

No comments:

Post a Comment